GEOS-Chem on cloud computing platforms¶
See Why move to the cloud for the motivation of this project. See Quick start guide for new users to start your first GEOS-Chem simulation on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud within 10 minutes (and within seconds for the next time).
This project is supported by the AWS Public Data Set Program and the NASA Atmospheric Composition Modeling and Analysis Program (ACMAP).
GEOSChem-on-cloud is at initial development and things are moving very fast. Please use the GitHub issue tracker to request new funtionalities, report bugs, or just discuss general issues.
Table of Contents¶
- Beginner tutorials
- Quick start guide for new users
- Overview of basic AWS compute and storage services
- Set up AWS Command Line Interface (AWS-CLI)
- Use S3 as major storage
- Use EBS volumes as temporary disk storage
- Use Spot Instances to reduce EC2 cost
- Notes on security groups (EC2 firewall)
- Final word on research workflow on cloud
- Advanced tutorials
- Developer guide
- AWS services in detail